Monday, June 23, 2008

sad day...

For all of my love of an academic lifestyle, sometimes I hate it. I really really hate it.

In particular, I've never enjoyed the transient nature of student life. People come, people go. It seems that just when you've settled and developed a good network of friends, some of them leave. Or perhaps you leave.

As most of you know, I left southern California yesterday. But for as much as I've knocked Socal, I'm really going to miss it. It was a sad day.

So here are some pictures of the people that I am so grateful for becoming friends with. My apologies in advance to some of whom I did not have good digital pics of.

Ecology cohort '05













SDSU grads et al.












Of course MJ and Beaner










Vic, J9, and Tony



















C and Robo



















the persian doc













Carrie #1 and Sean Deese













and even though I've got things to look forward to in the bay area








I'm still really gonna miss it.

7 comments:

Hank said...

What the F? Did I miss the going away party while I was in Davis, which is your new home? Oh, the irony!

We will miss you, and let me know if you need anything up there. I know a guy who knows a guy and all that. Oh, and I wasn't joking - The Grad does 7 for 1 drink specials some nights. SEVEN for one. You're like "One Whisky, please" and they're all "Sure thing, buddy, that'll be 57 cents." No joke.

Asian Mussel said...

Hank the Bank!

It was a quasi-going away party. I'll be back in SD for half of August. I still have to do the whole "defense" thing.

Rochelle said...

Dude! What an attempt at a tear jerker of a blog!!!! WTF

Any-who. Can't wait until your back in SD for the "whole defense thing" Got another draft yet?

Everyone misses you too! But I feel the bay area will treat you right :)

Asian Mussel said...

Attempt at a tearjerker? I thought I did a pretty good job. Obviously I'll have to try harder next time.

I'm waiting for comments on draft #2!

Unknown said...

I would have cried at that blog if I wasn't busy burning...I mean...moving all of your shit. Much love...have fun in Santa Cruz and think about what you want to do on your one day back in S.D.

....................................................................... said...

those little things to look forward to will make it worth your while : )

CARH said...

I've just 'cought up' (to be read as read your blog for the 1st time)and I really admire your food shots, very nice work, I think food & wine quality work there.

You are defending today so good luck, I'm sure you'll be brillant. Hope to see you before you are off again.