Monday, July 21, 2008

the not so Air Conditioned Lounge

I thought that I would inaugurate my brief return to San Diego with some pictures of my last night in San Diego prior to leaving for the Santa Cruz PISCO class that some of you know is over because I am now in another country. Confused? Damn straight you are. But I’ll bet you aren’t quite as confused as I was when we partied it up at the Air Conditioned Lounge.

This story goes waaaay back to our Black and White party of '07. As some of you may recall we had a drink competition with several categories. The best of show drink was awarded to Boy Robin who created a concoction known as the Incredible Hulk. It was a tasty drink that started out mild mannered and quickly turned green and angry when you dropped the bomb in the glass. Fair enough. Great drink right? Well I happened to have the foresight to enter it as drink of the month at the Air Conditioned Lounge (the AC Lounge as the locals call it). Sure enough, it won and I was to report to the club to claim a free bottle of champagne. Sweet! (Boy Robin still curses me for stealing his drink, though I'm really just trying to spread the love)

Now with a name like the AIR CONDITIONED lounge that you would expect the place to be frigid. Maybe with some ice sculptures and little baby penguins running around and what not. Well you would be dead wrong about that because when we went to there it was hot. Like back of your knee pits sweaty. Like Nelly, take off all your clothes it's getting hot in heeeeeeere sweaty.

Anyways, I’ll let the pictures do the talking. Here's the whole group kickin' it in our own little dugout.

Here's Cove showin us he's done this before.









Even Neeners thought it was hot in there.

And finally here's Stinky Pinky demonstrating her zero-gravity hair with Beaner.





No comments: